Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mexican Ranch Dressing


What kind of salad goes well with Mexican food? In need of something to go with a Mexican-themed main dish, I came up with this modification of my regular ranch dressing. It's similar to ranch dressing but has a bit more of a kick to it, due to the chili powder. I also like the addition of some lime juice and chopped cilantro. I didn't have any tomatoes when I took the picture of the salad above, but tomatoes or other vegetables would be great as well.

Mexican Ranch Dressing
serves 2 to 3 adults

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup Hellmann's Real mayonnaise (not the light version). I recommend Hellmann's because it's labeled gluten-free.
  • 2 Tbsp. Lactaid milk
  • 1 Tbsp. sour cream (not low-fat). I recommend Daisy brand, which contains just cultured cream.
  • 1 tsp. lime juice (or 2 tsp. if you want a bit more of a lime flavor)
  • 1/8 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/4 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/8 tsp. onion powder
  • dash of cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro (optional)
Instructions:

Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Serve over Romaine lettuce and other salad toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment