Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Apple Baked Oatmeal and Michael Timothy's


Apple Baked Oatmeal

My parents came to visit us for the Columbus Day weekend. We had a great time enjoying the warm weather -- going to the playground, playing in the pool in the backyard, and visiting Parlee Farms to go apple and pumpkin-picking. Since we now have a lot of apples to eat up, I decided to add apples to our maple baked oatmeal this morning. Wow! It was so good that I think I'm going to make the same thing for breakfast tomorrow. I peeled one medium apple and cut it into 1/8" slices. Then I cut those slices into small 1/2-inch squares and put between 1/4 and 1/3 cup of apple squares into the bottom of each ramekin. Next I poured the oatmeal mixture on top of the apple pieces and put the ramekins in the oven, following the instructions from the original recipe.


Michael Timothy's

Michael and I also had the special treat of going out to eat while my parents babysat the girls. We decided to try out what used to be Michael Timothy's, which they're now calling MT's Local. We hadn't been in years, but I thought we'd try it since the online menu looked promising. Michael and I were impressed with the new decor, menu options, and food. The waitress was very aware of food allergies and intolerances, and the chefs were able to cater easily to our requests. What Michael and I enjoyed just as much as the food, though, was their weekly wine flight. Each week they have a flight of three 2-ounce servings of wine. If you prefer, you can create your own flight from any of the wines they offer by the glass. The wines were quite good, and it was a fun way to combine dinner with some wine-tasting. We look forward to going back to try more items off of their food menu and to try a different wine flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment