Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Banana Berry Smoothie


I got on quite a smoothie kick in college, when I could order one at Collis Cafe and have it made for me on the spot. Since then, I haven't had many smoothies, mostly because I've been too lazy to make my own. I finally decided that, since so many people make smoothies at home, it really couldn't be all that hard or require all that much effort. And it doesn't! After a few tries, I came up with the following recipe that Sabrina and I both like. Naomi tried it but didn't prefer it because of her aversion to all foods that are too cold. Sabrina and I don't mind, though, because it means more smoothie for us!

Banana Berry Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup almond milk (or you could try So Delicious coconut milk)
  • 1 to 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice
Instructions:

Add the almond milk and honey to the blender. Blend for a few seconds. Chop the banana into chunks and add to the blender, along with the strawberries, blueberries, and lemon juice. Blend until it has turned into a smoothie consistency. Pour and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment