Monday, August 27, 2012

Asheville, North Carolina


This year for our wedding anniversary, Michael and I went to Asheville, North Carolina.  Since my parents moved to North Carolina last September, Asheville is a lot closer than Charlottesville, the town we visited to celebrate our anniversary the past couple of years.

Our major excursion for this trip to Asheville was the town's biggest attraction:  the Biltmore Estate.  We assumed that Michael wouldn't be able to eat there, but we were happily surprised that he was able to have the iced tea and Cobb salad.  Hooray for Southern freshly-brewed iced tea!  For lunch the second day we were going to go to Standard Pizza Company, but unfortunately they were out of their gluten-free pizza dough.  We were disappointed, but since we were quite hungry, we decided to try out plan B:  Posana Cafe.  I'm so glad the pizza restaurant was closed because this place was excellent.  They even had a dairy-free chocolate dessert!  I'd like to go back to Asheville just so that I can go to the Posana Cafe again to check out their dinner options.

I took the above picture when we went out to dinner at the Fig Bistro.  It's hard for me to pass up a restaurant that has duck breast.  This one came with raspberry sauce, wilted greens, and farro.  Wow.  Maybe someday I'll learn how to cook seared duck breast, but in the mean time I can think about going back to this restaurant and having it there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment