Thursday, January 21, 2010

Banana Bread


This week at our church small group Laurie brought a gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and corn-free banana bread. It tasted great! She found the banana bread recipe on a link I had put up on my blog. I had hoped to try the recipe at some point, and I'm so glad that Laurie did. I'm also glad that she let me take home the leftovers. Sabrina liked the bread so much that she asked to have it for snack the next day instead of a cookie.

Banana Bread

This is one of those rare recipes that does not require me to make any comments or modifications except for one: instead of 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. baking soda, use 3/4 tsp. cream of tartar and 1 tsp. baking soda. In addition, if you don't have a vanilla bean, you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Just remember to use Trader Joe's alcohol-free vanilla extract or another one that does not contain corn syrup.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! That's cool! You posted the Banana Bread! Cheer! :-)

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete