Saturday, February 20, 2010

Chocolate Coconut-milk Mousse


Michael and I celebrated Valentine's Day today instead of last weekend. We went out for dinner but had dessert at home because I wanted to try out a new recipe for chocolate mousse. Writing about the mousse makes me want to go back for seconds right now. This chocolate coconut-milk mousse was rich, creamy, and very tasty, especially with the strawberries as a garnish. The only change I might make next time is to add a couple more tablespoons of rum.

Chocolate Coconut-milk Mousse
serves 4 to 6 adults

Ingredients:
  • 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate (about 60% to 72% cacao). I used Trader Joe's Pound Plus 72% dark chocolate, imported from Belgium, but any brand of bittersweet chocolate without milkfat would be fine.
  • 1 14-ounce can of light coconut milk
  • 2 Tbsp. Malibu Caribbean rum
Instructions:

See the following link for "No Moo Mousse" for the instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment