Friday, May 7, 2010

Crash Hot Potatoes

This week I was finishing up the final paper for my class, so I don't have any snazzy pictures for you. You'll just have to imagine what these potatoes look like, or you can go to the original recipe for some great pictures there.

I tried this recipe for crash hot potatoes this past week, and Michael, the girls, and I all liked them. What I liked about them, besides the fact that they tasted good, was how easy they were. They're a different spin on roasted potatoes, one that doesn't involve any peeling or cutting of the potatoes. Anytime earlier in the day you can boil the potatoes in water until they are fork-tender. Then, about 30 minutes before you want to eat, you crash the potatoes on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil, brush some olive oil over the top of the potatoes, and sprinkle the potatoes with salt, pepper, and herbs. Into the 450-degree oven they go, and 25 minutes later you have crash hot potatoes. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment