Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Broccoli (or Leafy Salad) with Basil Vinaigrette


Our basil plant has been getting quite large, so I've been looking for more ways to use basil. I stumbled upon the following recipe for basil vinaigrette, and it was so good that I want to remember it next year when we buy another basil plant. I've used the dressing on broccoli and on a leafy salad, and the flavors of the dressing have gone well with both. I bet the dressing would taste great on asparagus, too. When I'm cooking for just the four of us, I usually cut the recipe in half.

Basil Vinaigrette
serves 4 adults

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 shallot, chopped, or 2 Tbsp. finely chopped yellow onion
  • 1/4 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp. granulated white sugar
  • 1/4 cup roughly chopped basil leaves
  • 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp. olive oil
Instructions:

See the recipe link for the instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment